[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue May 4 11:25:43 CDT 2010

> someone associated the hiker box and package and thought the package was
> put there unclaimed and meant to be shared. Even though it was unopened.
>
> I don't know that I would have had that idea, but I might have - an
> honest mistake.

But in opening the box and finding a tent and microspikes, wouldn't that
have made YOU think TWICE that the contents were 'meant' to be 'shared'?!?

I can see making the 'mistake' of opening the box IF it was not addressed
and mailed to someone else, but simply a 'drop-off' with only a name on it -
but in seeing the contents, common sense 'should' have taken over that
something was 'amiss' and an inquiry should have been made before any thought
of taking the items...  or is common sense totally nonexistent nowadays?

Happy trails (in the future for those 'missing' gear)!!!
Jim (PITA)