[pct-l] Warner Springs theft

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue May 4 11:15:07 CDT 2010

I could make the same erroneous assumption, but I would quickly re-think that when I saw what was in the box. While a hiker quitting the trail early might elect to abandon a re-supply box of food rather than pay to have it returned to sender and ask the holder to just put it out for other hikers (if that's the case, why wasn't it opened before putting it beside the hiker box? = clue #1), but who abandons an expensive tent and other gear? = clue #2.

Hopefully, I'd be thinking clearly enough to ask BEFORE I opened a sealed box addressed to someone else. I'd definitely ask the appropriate employee to be sure before I just looted the thing, and I'd write the sender's return address in my notebook so I could send them a "thank you" note (or monetary compensation if applicable) later.

Wandering Bob