[pct-l] Prepared for weather

Andrea Henninger aghenninger at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 19:28:41 CDT 2010

I have lived as a SoCal low-lander all my life.  My "go-to" expectation is for mild, temperate low-land weather.  I think many of us see Southern California (particularly hikers coming here from other areas) as sunny, mild and warm.  But the PCT is the CREST trail.  The SoCal mountains are high and the weather is very changeable, often cold and wet.  And spring times are damp and cool (remember "June gloom"?).  2010 is displaying this in spades!  Stay warm out there.

JustSit