[pct-l] The Best Huckleberries

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:12:20 CDT 2010

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM, CHUCK CHELIN <steeleye at wildblue.net> wrote:
< Ripe
> huckleberries fresh off the bush aren’t fuel for the body, they are fuel for
> the soul.

PNW soul food.  LOL

Huckleberries are nature's equivalent of Oakland:  'There's no there
there'.  They're the hyperspeed analog of Chinese food - pop a handful
in your mouth and .00001 seconds later you'll be wondering if you
dropped them all en route.

> My primary consideration isn’t what they are, but where they are:  I find
> the best berries are the highest and most remote.  The further they are from
> scrounging people and the closer they are to scrounging bears the better
> they taste.  The same berry tastes much better to me when found on a high
> pass amid scenic grandeur than if it were found on some nondescript
> low-altitude hillside.
>
> Your results may vary – poor, pitiful you….

And here's my take on Snickers bars:

My primary consideration isn’t what they are, but where they are:  I find
the best Snickers are the highest and most remote.  The further they are from
scrounging people and the closer they are to scrounging bears the better
they taste.  The same Snickers tastes much better to me when eaten on a high
pass amid scenic grandeur than if it were eaten on some nondescript
low-altitude hillside.

Your results may vary – poor, pitiful you….

I'll be wearing my 'Huckleberries Suck'  T-shirt when I finish up WA
this summer.

--
'Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit' - Oscar Wilde

Sent from home by my carrier pigeon.