[pct-l] My Gear from 09

JJ Briggs skihikejj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 22:14:48 CDT 2010

*The Big Stuff:*
Started with a Goss Gear pack and I ended up ripping it wide open when I
tried to squeeze my bear canister in it at KM.
Wild Oasis, w/ ground sheet, stakes and rope (I actually ended up using most
of the rope one night when I couldn't get any stakes in)
Mtn Hardware Phantom 15 w/ cotton liner bag
Ridgerest w/ extra foam for hip section (I'm a side sleeper)
Hiking poles with duct tape on them (Gotta love the tape, used it for
everything)
*Clothes:*
Polyprop long johns, silk weight top
1 bra, 2 pairs undies (1 hung to dry on back of pack), 3 pairs socks (1 pair
was only for sleeping in)
long pants, long top
Lowe Alpine rain jacket, plastic garbage bag for rain skirt (only needed
once in my 1100 miles of hiking and it was when I was doing my laundry)
Icebreaker t-shirt (didn't really need, but was handy for town)
zip neck light weight fleece
Big floppy hat with bandanda
*Kitchen:* (I always had too much food)
ti pot, ti stove, .5b lt platapus with alcohol, plastic spoon
rei knife (with mini scissor that were completely useless)
5lt msr dromedary (handy in the desert, sent home after that though)
2 2lt Aquafina bottles
aquamira
*Luxury items:*
Gumby (I actually weighed all my possible hiking buddies to see who would be
lightest and it was between Gumby and Oscar the Grouch)
iPod 120g w/ wall charger (probably would leave the charger out next time
and do the battery thing hiker iPod has)
Camera w/ battery charger (probably would throw charger in a bounce box I
never ran out of battery juice)
cell phone w/ charger (I always had the charger and I'm glad I did)
head lamp (probably toss that next time for mini led lights, though I did
night hike a couple times in the desert)
I ended up carrying a book and a crossword book (as my hike went on I needed
some amusement while sitting in camp and listening to an iPod didn't do it
for me)
*Toiletries/First Aid:* (I had too much, but still not sure what to cut down
on)
Handi wipes (usually used 2 a night)

I think that's the most important stuff.
Fluffy Puff