[pct-l] Hiking WA in July

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Mar 31 16:45:06 CDT 2010

Good afternoon, David,

In an average year July is a good time to start – particularly northbound
from the Columbia -- and this is a low snow year in the Pacific NW.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/cgibin/westsnow.pl  There may be some residual
snowpack in sheltered areas but not likely anything serious.

This week we were clobbered with several feet of fresh snow above 4,000 ft.
elevation but it will go off fairly quickly.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09