[pct-l] The "rough & tumble" early PCT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Mar 29 12:24:36 CDT 2010

Yes Switchback,
Even the Saber Tooth Tigers are gone now
Saber Tooth Tigers were a common sight when I first hiked Whitney back
in 1968 or 1969 and the bones of hikers littered the trail.
Back then only "Hard Core" mountain men dared to venture into the
wilderness.
Yes, things have really changed since then.

JMT Reinhold
One of the "Old Breed Survivors"