[pct-l] Shoe recommendation

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 30 08:24:07 CDT 2010

Hi there,
I feel a little silly asking for a trail shoe recommendation, but
maybe you can help me. Some characteristics I'm looking for:

- Flexible sole. No motion control. No stiffness. No boots. Huge lugs
not required (can be street runners)
- Lowest rise possible for the heel (can be racing flats)
- Light and breathable
- Wide toebox. Really wide. The ability to select a multiple E width
is a huge plus. Wide toebox is mandatory.

I cannot wear Montrail shoes so don't suggest them. They break my
feet. So if you like Montrails and have other suggestions that worked
for you, let me know that you liked Montrails so that I know not to
go with your other suggestions. Seriously. I don't want anything
remotely similar to Montrails and knowing what NOT to pick will
actually help me a lot.

Appreciated.
Diane/Piper

Books I've written: