[pct-l] Photos and media

Daniel Cross dan_cross43 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 16:39:43 CDT 2010

When I thru-hiked the AT I had two data cards for my camera.  When one was getting full, I'd have a friend at home mail me the other in my resupply box.  I'd then mail the full one home, where he'd burn the photos onto a cd, wipe the data card clean, and get ready for me to request it again.  Pretty simple, but it requires someone at home to do your dirty work for you ;)

Bear Can

>Psycho wrote:

I am curious what other thru-hikers do when it comes to preserving the data of the photo's taken along the trail.

For example, last hike I had a small point and shoot camera, and the resolution wasn't that great, so with a few Memory Cards I was able to make it through with the occasional stop at photo-shops to transfer Data to CDs.

This time around I was planning on using a portable CD burner that another hiker used last time, but I just discovered it no longer works. I have a better camera, which has larger image-file sizes now, and need to figure out what my best options are. What are tricks that some people use to preserve their data?

Thank you,
Psycho