[pct-l] Email with various providers

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Fri Mar 26 23:40:25 CDT 2010

This is most likley due to the type of account you have set up your email client as.  If you set it up as a POP account, it is likely setup to only keep a local copy of the email.  So the mail server deletes its copy after you download it once.  This means another computer can't download the same email.

However, if you set things up as an IMAP account, all emails are maintained on the main server and any number of computers can be setup to receive the same emails as its designed to synch up multiple computers using the same account.  This is how I setup my smartphone on the PCT last year.  I could read any email on my smartphone and still read them on my laptop in town that I bounced.  Most likely when you delete emails on your PEEK, it isn't notifying your email server of the change so things are no longer in synch.  This is likely a limitation with how your PEEK works.  I've seen the same problem with some smartphones.

-Miner