[pct-l] General Bear Question

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Fri Mar 26 14:52:24 CDT 2010

>alot of people sent them home when they reasched Tuolumne last year...I don't advise it...

That seemed unwise. I wonder why they'd choose that spot to send it home?  The bearcan requirement goes to the Northern boundary of Yosemite.  And my experience over the years of hiking the Sierra Neveda is that Yosemite rangers are more strict about enforcing the bearcan requirement then anyplace else.  On my thru-hike last year, I saw a ranger about a day north of Glen Aulin hiking south on the PCT.

-Miner