[pct-l] spider bites.

Dan Africk danstheman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:48:02 CDT 2010

I've heard enough horror stories about brown recluse bites that I will
definitely see a doctor if I ever get a serious bite. But I've never heard
anything about the venom containing bacteria, or being treated with
antibiotics. Are you saying that if I get what appears to be a brown recluse
bit I should take antibiotics? I know that staph infections, which can get
pretty nasty, are often mistaken for spider bites, and for these its
definitely a good idea to take strong antibiotics ASAP.