[pct-l] ultralight and dirt cheap water/camp shoes

Dan Africk danstheman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 21:21:05 CDT 2010

That's a good point, and I'll try to do some testing. I really don't think
there's enough play in the mesh and the narrow elastic opening to pull these
shoes off without ripping them apart(which I suppose is possible). I think
you misunderstood what I was saying about the heel- the sole is shorter than
my foot, so my heel sticks out behind where the sole ends.

Apparently a bunch of other hikers are using these for stream crossings, so
it works for some people, but I don't know what kind of streams they're
crossing. I just found the second link and while the first blog said the
shoes run large, the second one says they run small. Interesting:

http://jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com/2009/06/lightweight-water-shoes-and-how-to.html

http://www.brettonstuff.com/index.php/backpacking/ultralight-stream-crossing-shoes/

--
www.hikefor.com/haiti-2010-Dan