[pct-l] Spider bite meds?

Don Billings dbillings803 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 12:09:57 CDT 2010

Dan,

We (in the West) definitely have both black widows and brown recluse spiders.

But, living in CA all my life, I've never been bitten by either even though I've seen plenty of black widows (usually in dark garages).
The brown recluse I've not seen here despite them being here. They really like wood piles.

As someone suggested, a bite from either one can't be self treated and requires medical attention. The only
thing anyone could do on the trail is to clean the affected area to prevent secondary infection.

Don