[pct-l] Help needed to stock 3rd Gate Cache

Monty Tam montypct at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 00:45:53 CDT 2010

Hi

Please DO NOT HIT REPLY OR REPLY ALL to respond to this email as it will fill a lot of nice people's mailboxes.  Reply by sending your question or RSVP to montypct at gmail.com .
Monday March 29 at 9:30 am at Barrel Springs Trailhead (PCT mile 101) we are gathering to help carry water to the Third Gate Water Cache.
The Third Gate Water Cache is on the 24 mile hot, high, shadeless and waterless stretch of what use to be called the "Dreaded"San Felipe Hills at about PCT mile 91.  Last year hikers drank over 400 gallons of water from this cache, the sole creation of Trail Angel and PCT vertan Charlie Jones, who took the "Dreaded" out of the Dreaded San Felipe Hills.

We meet at Barrel Springs, drive back roads over private property to the base of a hill, and carry water in backpacks about one mile UPHILL.
You will need to bring a backpack that will comfortably carry gallon water bottles. 3-5 at a time.

We need 10 people as we will be carrying well over 150 gallons up the hill this Monday.  There may be a film crew there, so dress well.  :-)

Let me know if you can help Charlie help the hikers.   montypct at gmail.com

Barrel Springs is on S-22 one mile east of S-2.   There is a dirt pull off area, a PCT sign and a cattle gate on the south side of S-22. We will carpool as vehicles allow.

Thanks for supporting Charlie and the PCT hikers of 2010.

Warner Springs Monty
2010 and some other years PCT Thru Hiker  :-)

The Fun Goes Up when the Weight Goes Down
-Warner Springs Monty Tam
Lightweight Backpacking
www.trailjournals.com search Monty