[pct-l] Vibram 5 fingers; keeping feet dry

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 24 22:01:18 CDT 2010

I'm interested to hear how the VFFs work for you. One one level I can
see how it's possible the separate toes might have prevented some of
the blisters I had. But on another level, since I think shoes are
evil in the way they tend to injure me, all I can think of is how
there are so many more places for them to come in contact with my
feet and cause even more blisters.

I have seen people backpacking in all kinds of footwear. Chacos, flip-
flops, Crocs, barefoot. I have worn boots and trail runners and both
of these have injured me so I am not dogmatic about hiking footwear.
I think anything is worth a try. Please provide a report and let us
know how they worked.

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic