[pct-l] Mt San Jacinto snow photos

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Wed Mar 24 11:44:05 CDT 2010

Helpful pics. Looking at #2 starting at the bottom edge, the PCT climbs the
ridge side of the Desert Divide ridgeline (snow on east side visible), goes
around Red Tahquitz (middle of pic, ridge runs left-right) and hits Saddle
Junction at the left end of the forested valley in the middle of the pic -
with lots of snow visible under the trees. The PCT then climbs the slope to
the north and contours high on the visible bowl facing the viewer, and
curves behind the mountains. Fuller Ridge is visible at the back end of the
mountain complex (before the drop into San Gorgonio Pass and I-10, which is
between San Jacinto and the snows ridge of San Gorgonio past it. With snow
visible on the south side of Fuller Ridge, much snow should be expected on
the north side.

(From memory at my desk, so...)

AsABAt