[pct-l] Ticks / QUESTION ON TICK TROUBLE / Sawyer soak & utltrathon cream

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:12:42 CDT 2010

I had a similar experience, I was using nylon pants as well.  The Permithren
didn't seem to last very long.  I applied in at Kennedy Meadows.  Of course
I was tramping through so much water crossing streams that I was probably
washing most of it away.  But I suspect it doesn't last as long on nylon.

 I wore the pants to avoid using Deet as much as possible.  I was hoping the
Permithren would work better.  In the end I ended up just spraying deet on
my clothes.  I don't like the feel of deet on my skin so I wear pants and
long sleeve shirts and just spray my clothes and my hat.  I occasionally had
to resort to a headnet too.

Day-Late