[pct-l] RE pct-l inflatable mattresses

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 22:32:35 CDT 2010

On my 2009 PCT journey I used an REI LITE-CORE 1.5 - the short version. I is a self-inflating sleeping pad. It is 1.5" thick when inflated and measures 48" x 20". When stored in it's bag it measures 5" x10" and weighs 1 lb. 2 oz.  It self-inflates up to about 90% then you can add 3 or 4 puffs to suit your comfort needs. I was careful that there was nothing under my ground cloth or tent that was sharp.  I never had a puncture.  This is a very comfortable pad.
MendoRider