[pct-l] Subject: Hiking Kilts

Nikii Murtaugh boundforadventure at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 00:26:32 CDT 2010

James
I wore Macabi skirts on the Colorado Trail, and much prefer a skirt to long
pants/shorts.  I wore regular ladies underwear underneath, and if it was
cold, my long underwear.  If it rained, I put the rain pants on under the
skirt.  If it was hot, the air currents came up under the skirt and cooled
my legs.  The skirts are nylon supplex and dry very quickly.  They come in a
variety of lengths.  I only lost 10#, but about 1/2 of my body fat ( I had
some to give away).  I ended up buying a cordlock for the waistband adjuster
(cord on the inside of the skirt).  www.macabiskirt.com

Something you may consider - They also make skirts for men.

This subject has been touched upon but never discussed. For those who have
worn a KILT
what kind did you wear - would you do it again - advantages and
disadvantages - did you
go commando or not.How did they work out as you lost weight - were you too
hot or cold
any suggestions -- what material was it made from..etc.

If you have thought about wearing one -- what questions do you have about
Kilts.

Below you will find some information about ready to wear Kilts and Patterns
to make your own.

http://www.sportkilt.com  Hiking Kilt 79.50

http://www.usakilts.com Casual Kilt 99.99

http://www.heritageofscotland.com/  Casual Kilt approx 50.00

Mountain Hardwear Elkommando Kilt 75.00

http://www.runningkilts.com Free Instructions available to make your own

Simplicity Pattern  8913  $7.95 -- Celtic Kilt -- I made one that took about
3 yds

Yosemeite James