[pct-l] question for females

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 19 20:19:54 CDT 2010

I wish I had known about the Diva cup before I got a hysterectomy. I
wish there had been something like that long ago. When I think back
to all the tampons I've disposed of, including the awful Rely ones
made of foam rubber pieces (the ones that gave us toxic shock back in
the 70s) that will be in the landfills for all eternity, I feel so
awful. Supposedly there were sea sponges back then, but I never found
one in a store. We didn't have the Internets back then, either.

If you ever come to a fork in the road and one option is a
hysterectomy, take it. It is awesome not to have that problem
anymore. (A hysterectomy is not removal of ovaries. That's a
bilateral ooforectomy.)

Diane
On Mar 19, 2010, at 5:47 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> question for females...