[pct-l] ULA Potty Trowel

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:06:22 CDT 2010

 I looked at the Potty Trowel but decided on the CAMP Corsaca.  I had no
doubt that the ULA Potty Trowel would work in a self arrest. I was more
concerned that it wouldn't work in a self belay.  The shaft of the Potty
Trowel is (I think) Carbon fiber, I just couldn't see being able to shove it
into hard snow or ice.

I also agree I wouldn't want to spend much time chopping steps with the Camp
Corsaca - luckily I only used it to cut about 6 steps total last year and
that was just one spot that I could have found another way around (or waited
for the snow to soften - but what thru hiker is going to wait around for
just a few steps).

If I was mountaineering I wouldn't consider either.

Day-Late