[pct-l] Headphones,Ipod,Music Nation

JeremyWeaver at softhome.net JeremyWeaver at softhome.net
Thu Mar 18 11:31:05 CDT 2010

The best single AAA am/fm radio with speaker (fun to pull out in a group if
your somewhere not so great for dinner) was the Sangean SR-3 at 2 oz for $28
plus shipping at http://salestores.com/sasramposire.html Love this thing!

If you want to go the mp3 route I really like the Coby mp305-4g just about
$30 everywhere online. The usb jack is in the player, one lithium AAA will
last a long time, has fm and can carry almost 1000 songs. The only drawback
is no speaker.

Things to keep in mind, AAA is better than most 2*AAA of AA types. The
weight to battery life is amazing for both of these units as long as you use
lithium batteries. If you get a mp3 player, make sure that it has a FM
receiver and does not need a cable to hook up to a computer. Also make sure
that you will not need to load software to a host computer to transfer
files, so it is not a hassle to 'barrow' music along the trail when you get
sick of the stuff you brought. And one more thing, don't expect to listen to
your radio much when you're hiking. The reception on the PCT is inconsistent
due to those hilly things.

You should do some research online. These devices worked for me, may not
work for what you want.