[pct-l] Making Music on the PCT

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 22:11:03 CDT 2010

Yes I said MAKING Music on the PCT.
Last year one of those remarkable trail moments came when camped with Salty,Bonanza JellyBean,Slim and Coach in a small saddle a few miles past Joshua Spring. Coach carried a guitar and several hamonicas of different keys on trail.
The Moon shone bright through the patchy clouds rolling past as Coach began to softly play and sing.
I will never forget that following sunday morning in the full sunlight as he played Johnny Cash's "Sunday Morning" Song.
This Year Sugar Moma and Avo are carrying Ukelele's... I am happy but also a little sad I will be on a different trail and not able to hear their songs.
Though I myself have never developed the talent for music I was witness to it's power over the soul in the far places.
I just might pack my harmonica for the CDT this year... Though with my lack of tune I shall be well advised not to do so in the presence of Mating Elk!
Crikey.
Anyhow, I just wanted to state that the best music I heard on trail, despite my pocket radio, was that from other thru-hikers and certainly the music of the wilderness itself.
Thanks Coach!
Cheers-Iceaxe

Sent on the Go from a Peek Email Device.
HikeStrong2010.com Benefits Cancer Research