[pct-l] Helicopter rides

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 16 18:17:09 CDT 2010

To be fair to TrailHacker, I don't think GPS was available back then
when they were rescued.

As for the goddess with the see-through tank-top...If you could have
seen how she perked up the men in the group you would laugh your
heads off. We weren't really lost, we just couldn't really see where
we were and we were tired. The men no longer wanted to listen to the
ugly hag leading the group. After the nearly naked beautiful goddess
appeared, there was a sudden and pronounced spring in all the men's
step. It was like pouring water on a sponge.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that people who have fun with GPS
should bring them. Hiking the trail is kind of a job after a while.
It's good to have something to do. Keep a journal, read a book,
listen to books or music, play a musical instrument, identify birds
or flowers, plot your movement on your GPS. Whatever. It's nice to
have something to do.

On Mar 16, 2010, at 3:52 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> No map? Didn't know the trail? Pressed on when a friend was showing
> signs of heat poisoning? 104F? Helicopter ran out of fuel?
>
> Ov vey. Our tax dollars at work!
>
> You and your friends aren't from Iowa by chance are you? :D
> http://www.thenewsobserver.com/articles/2010/03/09/news/news01.txt
>
> (My trail goddess would kick my ass up and down the mountain if I
> did something as stupid as that. Then again,
> I am pretty stupid...let her tell ya! :D)
>
> My friends and I aren't exactly Grizzly Adams. But for some reason
> in our very active outdoor circle, nothing like this has happened
> to us.
>
> Is the PCT really the much more difficult????

Books I've written:
~ Piper's Flight
~ Adventure and Magic
~ Santa Barbara Hikes