[pct-l] Jim still has the best answer :)

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Mar 16 15:35:12 CDT 2010

Seriously??? I am concerned that too deliberately go out in bad conditions
thinking "I have a GPS, I have a cell phone, forget the excess heat, don't
worry about the sick dude, ignore the dense fog, don't bother nothing
direction of exit before climbing, just press on, we can call for help!"

Yes, GPS would have made these conditions easier. But, continuing on in
104 degree heat with a sick guy shouldn't have happened, not knowing the
way down in a fog after a rock climb shouldn't have happened, didn't have
to happen. Knowing when to turn around is a skill too many don't have. The
mountain will still be there tomorrow, the trail will still be there.