[pct-l] SoCal Snow Course is ON!

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Mar 16 13:15:50 CDT 2010

OK, here is the formal announcement:

Mountain Education will be conducting a special version of their free, 3-day snow skills training weekends in the Idyllwild area of Southern California (Saddle Junction on Mt. San Jacinto, to be more specific) on the weekend following the ADZPCTKO at Lake Morena. It will be a Friday, Saturday, Sunday event patterned after the Lake Tahoe versions described in the Snow Course Description at http://postholer.com/SnowTravel.

A special SoCal Snow Course Description will be posted soon on our Postholer Forum site so all who are interested can get prepared for how it works, what to bring, and what we will be instructing.

There are already too many hikers committed to attending, but in an effort to help thrus and others learn the basic skills of self-arrest, safe ascent and descent strategies, avalanche awareness and avoidance, over-snow navigation, and more, we are not excluding anyone from attending. We just need to know the names, cell numbers, and home towns of those who are definitely going to show up.

Thanks so much for all your interest in mountain safety, realistic preparation, and skills training and we look forward to meeting all of you at the KO and the SoCal SC the weekend thereafter!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
P.O. Box 1477
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96156