[pct-l] Using a GPS

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 18:40:29 CDT 2010

lol.  No kidding.  But were you trying to follow a trail, or were just out
skiing without trying to follow a trail?... that was my question.

It doesn't really matter anyway.  Seems one group us is intent on hiking
with a GPS and the other intent on *not* hiking with a GPS.  Doesn't matter,
since the GPS is just a tool of convenience and time saving (I think we've
beaten to death the point that it's not a *need*).

For some people, struggling to find the trail adds to their sense of
adventure (I can relate to that).  For others, it adds to their sense of
frustration, anger, and fear (I can relate to that too).

In the end we all HYOH anyway.  But I'm stickin' to my recommendations.

Cheers,

Austin

--
Austin Williams
PlanYourHike.com

"The mountains are calling and I must go."   -John Muir