[pct-l] Using a GPS

Erik Turnberg erik.turnberg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:24:01 CDT 2010

First I want to give a huge thanks to halfmile for all the great information
on his website and all the time he's put into it.  I've printed and will be
using his maps in conjuction with the pct atlas.  I'm also interested in
bringing a GPS along on the trip.  My question is how do people handle all
of the waypoint data?  Have you just bought one very large memory card and
loaded all the waypoint data?  or Are people loading onto several memory
cards and putting them in mail drops?  I have a Garmin Vista HCx, which I'm
still trying to figure out how to use given the complete lack of
instructions with any Garmin product, especially when you want to use it on
a mac.

Thank,

Granite