[pct-l] Aqua Mira useage rate

Jim Bravo jimbravo at wildblue.net
Fri Mar 12 14:11:51 CST 2010

I will be using Aqua Mira for the first time on the PCT this year. Does anyone have a rough estimate, on-average, of how many days between re-supply. I know there are many variables, but seeing some numbers would be helpful. I'll be using the small 1 oz size. Probably a lot more in SoCal (warmer weather, water dirtier) and less in the sierra.

Also, does anyone have a good bandana water pre-filtering technique, for when the water has a lot of suspended particles? I keep thinking of Jason's description a couple of months ago of the water at Willow Springs and other places!

Jim