[pct-l] VVR

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 11 22:51:14 CST 2010

I have never been to VVR, but I will be making a point of stopping there this year.  I have been reading comments about VVR here for several years now.  Although It sounds like it has not been able to be all things to all people, it does sound like it has been a pretty nice experience for most folks.  If I don't stop there I would feel like I missed a part of the hike like the store at Kennedy Meadows or the McDonnell's in Cajun Pass or the general store on Mt. Laguna or the one in Tuolmne Meadows.  Along the hike there are businesses that have become way-points just as have many of the Trail Angles and of course the mountains and rivers.  It is all part of the total experience isn't it?  Well, that's how I'm looking at it anyway.

Shepherd