[pct-l] VVR

Junaid Dawud jdawud at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 21:14:18 CST 2010

This originally came about because I said it was a mistake for me to
resupply there. The hotsprings, free camping, warm lake, and the PO
made mono seem better to me than the place I got a 'shady' feel from,
extra miles and all. As I said, it's just my opinion, and vvr does
provide a service to many hikers.  Many are happy with the place, and
that's great. I'm sure many will continue to enjoy it. I didn't.

Next, I didn't "exchange" emails with anyone.  I made my original
'mistakes' post and numerous people asked me specifically about the
VVR part. The email that came from the VVR address asked me what about
my experience made me say it was a mistake. I answered all of the
questions posed to me in my second email, 'VVR'. No other emails were
sent. I never said "don't go to VVR". I just said it wasn't good for
me and the owner seemed shady to ME.

By all means, listen to all perspectives, and then HYOH.

Junaid