[pct-l] Bivy?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 11 18:58:54 CST 2010

How different our experiences were!

I would go to bed right after dinner, anytime between 6pm (yes!) and
9pm. Plenty of mosquitoes were out when I put my head down!

I also managed to go through Oregon in July. There was not a single
moment at any time of the night when they weren't swarming. It was
such an overwhelming experience that I became extremely gunshy
whenever I saw a mosquito. I really tried to be all Zen about it and
think of them as my fan club, but it was no use.

I would have died of insanity without a fully-enclosed refuge each
night from about July 13 on until I reached Canada on August 31.

I envy those who can sleep outside.

Diane