[pct-l] Thru-hiking the PCT with 13-18 month child

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 10 08:20:57 CST 2010

On Mar 9, 2010, at 8:12 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

>  they don't get all skinny and scraggly like us guys. Female bodies
> go into some sort of "survival" mode while we become starved little
> shrunken men.

Sadly this is true. And survival mode continues when we get home. :(

I wonder if it wouldn't actually be a quite nice experience for a
baby. You get to cuddle up to mom 24/7 like babies are supposed to.
I've never had a baby so I don't get to wound up about these things,
but I do wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait until Northern
California to start hauling one around. More shade, gentler trail.

I've been trying to talk someone out of taking a cockatoo. I hope
he's only joking. What a nightmare that wold be.