[pct-l] Drinkable calories & PCT hiker pricing

Eugene atetuna at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:16:27 CST 2010

Josh,

I assume they're for whatever quantity you desire, in 1 pound increments.  If you order in the quantity I am, you may want to contact Alex directly to see if he can provide further discounts.

As Chuck mentioned in the last email, you should put forth serious consideration if you're going to place an order as large as I am.  From my experience with protein shakes on and off the trail, I'm quite sure that I can drink many shakes nearly every day for months.  One reason that I'm order a source of carbs & fats is that some studies show that combining these two "trick" the body into consuming a lot more than you'd usually consume, which for a thru-hiker, can be a really good thing.  These supplements are supposed to taste good, but are unflavored.  If you want to try different flavoring to mix things up, check out this thread:

http://proteinfactory.com/pfboards/showthread.php?t=3301

I haven't tried out the syrups...yet.

Eugene