[pct-l] Things I wish someone had told me before I started my thru-hike:

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Mar 9 07:49:50 CST 2010

Good morning, all,

I understand the emotion resulting from association with all the amazing
people one encounters during a PCT hike but saying, “… it’s all about the
people” seems to trivialize much of the effort.  The commitment and the
successful completion mean little or nothing?  The superb physical
conditioning is insignificant?  Experiencing how the astounding terrain
unfolds from end to end is a low priority?  Not in my opinion.

If it’s really all about hiker-people why not save lots of effort and just
camp at some point on the PCT and meet every seasonal hiker?  Better yet, if
it’s just about people why not spend 140 days walking the trails in a local
park.  You’ll meet many more people and it may be only a block or two from a
friendly pub.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09