[pct-l] Sierra City Country Store for Re-supply

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Mon Mar 8 15:03:57 CST 2010

Hello JJ:

I remember going to the Sierra City Country store while I was section hiking that area last summer and thinking that I could have easily resupplied there. The store is much more than a 7-11 knock off, it is a full service small grocery store. They have the usual food that caters to campers and back packers--tuna in pouches, mac and cheese, instant mashed potatoes, pop tarts, ramen, peanut butter, etc. They also have great breakfast burritos there, made fresh on the spot. I am not a picky eater or vegan or vegetarian, so will eat almost anything.

I supplemented my food drop with stuff from the store (jerky). It was expensive, but I don't mind supporting the local economy. I went through in July, so the hiker box on their porch was loaded with food and other stuff, as well, although I know this shouldn't be relied on.

--Fireweed