[pct-l] Marketing Ploy - 2010 April Kickoff

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 09:43:37 CST 2010

Yes, once again, Switchback, is shamelessly marketing his Pirate's Lair for the 2010 Kickoff at Lake Morena
(April 22-25).  Come and meet the hard core hiker who is on probation for postings on the PCT-L, meet the trail
raconteur and villain in person, meet the hiker folks love to hate, meet the poster of bandwidth hogging After
Action Reports, meet the curse of the infamous Terminator Female Leadership Types.

This year should be an outstanding year for hiker services.

1.  Display of Switchback's new Hennessy Digital Cambo hard core hiker hammock system.  Switchback
     might even allow you to lay in it as long as you do not go to sleep.
2.  Paint shelter stakes florescent orange, so do not loose them.
3.  Booklets to prowse of super funny hiker jokes, Rhythm of the Trail philosophy, and
     SuperSecrets of Backpacking.
4.  Seminar of SuperSecrets of Backpacking where you will learn things only a few people
     in the world know, including Switchback's World Famous Hands-free 1.5 ounce Umbrella Holder.
5.  Optional - Dehydrated water demonstration at seminar.

Last year was a big seminar success with more attendees than ever before.  This obliviously had a big
impact on the 2009 thru-hiker victory rate to Canada.  Also, again this year the secret password to get
into the Pirate's Lair table area is "Jack Daniel's."  This is to keep the Terminators out.  Some are the
newer T-1000 liquid metal models and are harder to spot.

Respectfully submitted.

Switchback the Trail Pirate

The following humor is humbly offered:
Our intrepid PCT hero, Sludge, is standing before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

"Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asked.
particular merit?" St. Peter asked.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the hiker offered. "I stopped into this PCT trail town saloon and came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young solo hiker woman.
 saloon and came upon a gang of bikers who were threatening a young solo hiker woman.
I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face and poured his drink on his head. Then I kicked his bike over and spit on his boots.

I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So, I approached the largest and most tattooed biker and smacked him in the face and poured his drink on his head. Then I kicked his bike over and spit on his boots.

Then I yelled, 'Now, back off or I'll kick the crap out of all of you!'"

St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

"Couple minutes ago …”