[pct-l] Herd? Herd--speria???

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 11:47:25 CST 2010

> When does "the herd" pass through Hesperia, Deep Creek, all that? Does anyone know, with this year's snow? Can anyone guess?

I would make a guess based on 09 data that the middle of the herd will pass Deep Creek, mile marker 312 (south of Silverwood Lake, near Hwy 173) between May 12 to May 20.  Estimating the impact of the snow pack on this prediction would be difficult because it is still a little early.  However if the snowpack ends up being substantial one could expect a smaller and more distributed group of hikers.

For PCT migration data collected and analyzed from the 09 season go to HikeThru.com or follow the direct link below.

http://hikethru.com/about-the-pct/pct-hiker-migration

Paul