[pct-l] Beverages

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu Mar 4 19:19:49 CST 2010

I drank mostly water.  However I usually used EmergenC and something like Gatorade during the hotter parts of the day.  You definitely need some sort of Electrolyte replacement for parts of the trail.  A few salty snacks help too. I actually had symptoms at one point on the trail that indicated I wasn't getting enough sodium.

For cooler parts of the trail, its just nice to have something that tastes different.  Though out of town, not only did I often carry a burger/sandwich for that 1st lunch/dinner, I often carried a soda to enjoy.  I don't drink soda at home, but I became quite addicted to it on the trail.

-Miner