[pct-l] looking for opinions

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 13:15:25 CST 2010

Keep looking for a re-supply person or a commercial mailing service. If all else fails, mail the first group of boxes yourself before you go. Periodically along the trail, take two zero days to shop locally, then prepare and mail the next group of boxes ahead. Since you'll need access to towns with good stores in order to do this, consider:

Tehachapi or Mojave (option to go into Bakersfield)
Reds Meadow (go into Mammoth Lakes)
Echo Summit (go into South Lake Tahoe)
Ashland
Cascade Locks (go into Portland)

If you're highly dependent on freeze-dried meals, be advised that the stores at both Reds Meadow and Tuolumne Meadows carry a good variety of Mountain House products.