[pct-l] Crampons Advice

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Wed Mar 3 12:37:35 CST 2010

I recall once on the PCT on Baden Powell using the ice axe to
self-belay on a steep slope when the very soft snow under my feet
collapsed and I was hanging from the axe until I could stomp some
steps. (In this case, I plunged the axe shaft into the snow rather
than the more typical self-arrest position.)

AsABat