[pct-l] Crampons Advice

Trailwife at aol.com Trailwife at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 11:45:22 CST 2010

In a message dated 3/3/2010 4:20:40 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jeremy.caves at gmail.com writes:

What do  you all think about whether crampons are necessary around this
time in the  high Sierra?

Jeremy

I was born in Vermont and have spent a lot  of winter hours in the
mountains of the Northeast. I hiked the Sierra in mid  June last year and only used
my hiking poles. If I had been inexperienced I  would have had some
problems. At age 69 I went slow and when "reading the snow"  I was conservative.

What is your experience in the snow & ice??
Only you can best judge your own  abilities.

The Old  RidgeRunner