[pct-l] GPS Woes and benefits

Eugene atetuna at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 01:43:59 CDT 2010

Probably an entire thru hike with high quality nimh batteries if that's all it was turned on for.  I think I was only forced to charge my batteries 3 times over the course of 2 months.  One time was because I fell asleep with it on.  Another time was when I kept losing the trail in the snow fields in the San Jacintos.  Anything else is normal usage, although keep in mind that my only camera was my gps and I took a couple hundred pictures.

> From: gwtmp01 at mac.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:31:13 -0400
> To: krozby at zoominternet.net
> CC: pct-l at backcountry.net
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] GPS Woes and benefits

Can anyway comment on how long some of these unit's last if they are only turned on when 'needed' or perhaps just to pinpoint your location at the end of the day?