[pct-l] Ride from Etna Summit to Etna

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Sun Jun 27 18:47:56 CDT 2010

At 8:40am, I waited 10minutes for a ride after just missing a pickup truck that had dropped a hiker off.  A large party going out to do a short section was being dropped off and their friend who was driving offered me a ride down.

It took far longer to get a ride back up to Etna Summit (40minutes at 4pm) then it did to go down.  However, if you stay at the Hiker Hut (Alderbrook Manor), they do offer 1 ride a day to Etna Summit for their guests.

I had a far harder time trying to hitch out of Ashland then Etna (though the ride into town was easy).

-Miner