[pct-l] Permit for Bishop Pass

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 01:11:27 CDT 2010

---- Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com <diane at santabarbarahikes.com> wrote:
> I have 60 PCT miles in the Sierra to complete starting at Bishop
> Pass. Can anybody give me tips on getting a permit? I am thinking of
> going last week of July or a week sometime in August.

Easy:
Who do I contact to make a reservation for a wilderness permit? If your trip will begin on an Inyo National Forest trailhead, contact the Inyo National Forest Wilderness Permit Reservation Office, unless you are using the services of a pack station or commercial guide.

Open 8am-4:30pm, 7 days a week, from June 1 to October 1.
The rest of the year, open 8am-4:30pm Monday through Friday, closed holidays.
Wilderness Permit Reservation Office
351 Pacu Lane Suite 200
Bishop, CA 93514
Wilderness Permit Reservation Line (760) 873-2483.
(760) 873-2484 Fax
(760) 873-2485 Wilderness Information
(760) 873-2408 Recorded General Recreation Information