[pct-l] FW: Indian Ocean

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Tue Jun 15 10:05:45 CDT 2010

Here is an excerpt from a story I wrote about my brother  who was on a
sailing ship during world war Two, it recalls his experience in the Indian
ocean during that time.  If you want to read the entire story then click on:

 http:www.prothman.org/jackowen/default.htm

(I could not make this url as a click on, sori guess you will have to type
it in.  With all the hype about the 16 year old girl in the indian ocean, I
thought his might be of interest.

Quote:    "We left  Durban on August 22nd with cargo for Dar Es Salaam and
we run into an Indian Ocean Typhoon. During this time we almost lost the
ship.

After being in this 'ship breaking' storm for three days, the storm
subsides, and we were able to make our way 'very slowly' back to Durban for
much needed repairs.

Leaving Durban for the second time on September 16th, we sail to the
Tanganyika Port of Dar-Es-Salaam and the Kenya Port of Mombassa where at
that time there was a very large Navel Base. Here we unloaded the last of
our ammunition."

Marge (the old gal)