[pct-l] Recieved a virus on mine.

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Jun 12 13:03:12 CDT 2010

While it is possible that the list would forward a virus, generally the
list software converts everything to ASCI 7-bit coding which strips out
attachments and HTML code and any virus that makes it thru is disabled by
the stripping and conversion.

More likely is that a virus used someone's address book to send itself and
also picked the PCT-List address as its "from" address.

What I don't understand is the need to replace the harddrive to get rid of
the virus rather than a complete erase of the harddrive then reformat and
reload.

There may be viruses that somehow can survive the complete erasing of a
harddrive, if so I'd like to read up on them. Just send a link to a good
article if you know of such an article.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>