[pct-l] June 19 PCTA Work Project in Sec E!

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:07:00 CDT 2010

The Pacific Crest Trail Association will hold the next Section E
trailwork project on June 19 in the Angeles National Forest.

This project will be to clear heavy brush on the north slope of Liebre
Mtn, where the slope descends to Pine Canyon Road. We'll start work
roughly a mile above the road and work up toward Horse Camp. As we’re
working, we may meet thruhikers on the trail as they hike northbound on
the PCT.

PCTA will supply all equipment and tools. Volunteers should bring a sack
lunch, minimum 2 qts water, leather work gloves, robust footwear, sun
protection, and wear long-sleeve clothing.

Volunteers should meet at the pullout indicated by this map at 0745am on
June 19:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=34.739038,-118.655444&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=34.740193,-118.658019&sspn=0.003897,0.006856&ie=UTF8&ll=34.738685,-118.654672&spn=0.003897,0.006856&t=h&z=17

The pullout is on the south side of the road, right at a hilltop on Pine
Canyon Road. By placing your home address in the 'A' field, Google can
determine the shortest driving time & distance for you. If you are
uncertain of this location, you want to remember to print the directions
and take them with you.

You can review the weather report for nearby Sandberg:
http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/california/sandberg-2488399/

Feel free to forward this announcement on to interested parties. If
interested in volunteering, please respond to me directly at
hikevv at gmail.com.

THANKS,

Kevin Corcoran
PCTA Region 1 Sec E Volunteer Area Coordinator
http://pct1e.blogspot.com/