[pct-l] Carrying Bulk Water

giniajim jplynch at crosslink.net
Wed Jun 9 09:35:24 CDT 2010

This is a good discussion.  My only caution is to not carry light and filled water containers inside your pack, or at least pack them assuming they will spring a leak.
   I once had a gallon plastic milk bottle filled with water in my pack.  Due to the movement of the pack as I was hiking, it wore a small leak.  It soaked my sleeping bag!  That's one reason I'm willing to eat the few ounces of a more solid water container.